Why people cheat
The love you have for someone can be easily turned into a broken heart, once you learn of your love’s betrayal.
Some people may ask why this has happened?
What could I have done to deserve this?
Is it me?
Is it something I did?
The answer to these questions mostly are;
There is a reason why this has happened,
Maybe you did deserve it, maybe you didn’t.
Yes, it probably is you and;
It may be something you did or didn’t do, that could have sparked this in the first place.
My theory is a lot simpler. People cheat because their is something seriously wrong in the relationship. Now, this might seem a weird thing to say when you have been cheated on and it seemed as if the relationship was “perfect”.
The best thing to do will be to rather try and prevent it as to just assume it’s a human toxic behavioural trait. An article on Lovepanky.com suggests; statistics show 70% of men and 60% of women has admitted to cheating which is a scary percentage in my theory. This suggests 70% of men subconsiously found something seriously wrong in their relationship, to have the urge to cheat on their significant other and 60% of women felt the same.
I am not talking about the men and women who believe their is more then one person to be loved for each person. They are in a different bracket and normally those people tend to not be monogomous or exclusively dating. I am talking about the people who are monogomous and believe their is only one love for them.
I’ve seen that there are lots of people using the excuse of a drunken mistake. I have also seen a lot of people in relationships that get drunk and don’t cheat on their other half. To me, that’s a bullshit story people use to make themselves feel better about the situation.
Attention however is in my opinion one of the main reasons people cheat among other things, like people don’t love each other anymore and are too coward to just come out and say it. They are scared to hurt their partner (not too scared to cheat), so they cheat because in their mind it makes more sense to rather let a partner feel hurt in that way, then to say “I don’t feel the same about you anymore”.
In essence it doesn’t really matter what you see as cheating, because once the thought has come across your mind, you can’t really change it. Your relationship has already taken a turn for worse when this has happened.
People think to worship the ground that your partner walks on will stop them from cheating, but sometimes that can be the very thing that turns them away from you accompanied with stressfull situations (It can make you a person seem clingy), conflict (When the fighting doesn’t stop and there is no time given for talking), conflict can also mean between the partner and someone else; work related or family related, major life changes such as a new job, moving in together, pregnancy, a new home, even getting a dog can be a major life change.
I think every pot has a lid. Whether it’s power, love or wisdon that draws you. You need to be with someone that can match your poison equally.
My best friend came up with this model for getting a partner. She came to the conclusion that, you need to find someone who is; Emotionaly, Intelectually and Sexually stimulating. This is how you will find a partner best suitable for you. The thing that I like to add is respect. If you don’t respect your partner, there is no way you will be able to continue a loving relationship that will last for the next fourty years.
If one of these pillars fail, it all comes crumbling down.
In my life, I have been cheated on and I have cheated myself. In both cases there was something seriously wrong in my relationships even though I loved both those people with all my heart. It took time and a deep dive into the past to actually see what went wrong and to know that it could have been prevented and in conclusion, communication is of the utmost importance.
Communication can prevent cheating and other serious issues in relationships. But it can’t save a relationship between two people that aren’t compatable. If you do find a person that falls in the bracket, make sure to communicate when something is wrong so you will be able to prevent serious issues like cheating before the thought even comes to mind.
Comments
Post a Comment