My Theory on why people avoid conflict

I have come to realise over the past month that people will avoid conflict if it means getting out of awkward and unwanted situations. I have been thinking of this and wondered if people will theoratically still try to avoid conflict even if it will bring them physical pain.

Even if it means getting into more trouble (Conflict) for not dealing with the conflict at hand. Is this why a lot of people stay in their awfull jobs? Why people don’t deal with their children acting out? Why people blame others?

Keeping an eye on this I came to the conclusion that they will avoid conflict for as long as possible, even giving speculation / Perseption that the person is being dishonest. This did not make sense to me. Would it not rather be better to “Wrip the bandade off” then getting into more bigger trouble?

I would say, before giving off the perseption of dishonesty or that you are hiding something. Rather be honest and get the nasty unwanted moments over quicker and out of the way. This will help by being able to heal faster and being able to move on sooner.

The same in a professional invironment. A leader would rather have you tell them as soon as possible you fucked up then waiting until the problem has snow balled into something much bigger. That way they will be able to think of a plan of correction as soon as possible.

Comments