Double standards
It’s 2023, the world is in a very fragile state at the moment because we are going into a new era. Some people embrace the change, some people are against the change and some people are just idiotic enough to not get it at all but still want to feel important so they end up saying things that they don’t understand nor carries any value in their lives.
I have a full time job at a “corporate company” and I have a coaching business, that I expanded to intimacy coaching for both partners and individuals. Yes, I post intimate toys and intimate facts on my social media platforms, the facebook platform is private and my instagram platform is public, due to the fact that I don’t have many people from work on instagram or the fact that they don’t know how instagram works. I however, only have one phone number and I do some of these posts on my whatsapp status as well. I also have colleagues that are on my private facebook group as well as some people in my comunity. I was called into our HR department because of my second business as this is aparently not appropriate and the company does not want to be associated with this kind of business. Might I add that the two industries don’t have anything to do with eachother and contractually I am not doing anything wrong. I did however oblige and take my name off all the social media content as well as remove all posts from my whatsapp status as I still respect their wishes and want to have a good working relationship with my employers.
This did however make me question a few things regarding the society we are in currently. Is it possible that the majority of people screaming for change are the same people who want everything to stay the same?
Or is this type of change just a little too much for the males dominating multiple industries and is it too difficult to handle a young female professional being open about how she thinks people should view their sex life?
Or is it more about the fact that they are ashamed of their sexuality because that is what society has told us for so many years?
In South African culture, whether you are white, black or coloured. Sex has always been a “shoe-shoe or No-No” topic of conversation. No one wants to know what goes on in your bedroom but women and men get to talk about it when they are with friends?
Talk to a woman or man behind their partner’s back and you will find that things are either going great or they assume things are going great, but who really wins in the end?
I do still think people have a long way to go when it comes to sexuality, sex and being intimate with their partners but if I can help one couple be better and understand each other better then they did yesterday, why the hell would I not do that?
So, I don’t have any conclusions yet on any of these questions as I am still trying to figure them out myself. I will however update this post once I have figured it out.
Comments
Post a Comment